Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Pictures

Here are just a few of the pictures I´ve taken so far so people can see where I´ve been, what I´ve been up to, and who I´ve been living with. The first five are all pictures from my time during FBT here in Yarumela (and La Paz). Three of the pictures are of the carpets made of sawdust for Semana Santa in Comayagua. They are absolutely beautiful. People start working on the carpets at 12 or 1 in the morning and continue working up to the parade which starts at 10. It is incredible how much time people put into them when they just get trampled by the parade. Another picture is me with three of my host brothers and one of their sons when they took me and a couple other trainees to the ruins north of town in their yellow school bus. Yes, they actually have a yellow school bus from the states which they drive between La Paz and Comayagua five days per week as part of the public transportation system. The last picture of the batch is some of my fellow trainees in Comayagua.

The second set of pictures are all from before FBT. The first is of my host brother and sisters from Santa Lucía after we ran a race for which they had made prizes for everyone. Another of the pictures is of a lake and waterfall where I went swimming on my volunteer visit. The other three are also of my family in Santa Lucía, one after playing soccer and the other with my host parents and their parents as well.

We have two and a half weeks left of FBT and then it´s back to Santa Lucía for two weeks before heading back to our sites. FBT has been flying by and I can´t believe I´ll be in my site in just a month.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great pictures Sar! It's good to see your smiling face and that you're doing well in Honduras! Miss you!

Anonymous said...

How exciting to read and see how the experience has been so far. Hugs from all of us--especially Alex, Avery and Ari!